Friday, January 4, 2008

Prosper In All Things

SINCE THE DAY I HEARD ABOUT YOU I HAVE NOT STOPPED PRAYING FOR YOU. COL 1.9

For the past several years, I have been following the example of the great apostle Paul and praying for all of my dear readers even as he did!

My prayer for you this New Year is the same. I quote it here so that you may know what my prayer for you is and WHAT GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IS! I am breaking the prayer into item by item so that you will know what GOD EXPECTS FROM YOU.

"I ask God:

to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

I pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord

You may please him in every way:

You bear fruit in every good work,

You grow in the knowledge of God,

You be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that

You may have great endurance and patience,

You may joyfully give thanks to the Father,

who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

Won't you too make it your daily prayer?

I also pray for you as John the apostle prayed, "The elder, To my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth. Dear friend, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

In order too prosper in all things, you work day and night! You need to work just as hard in order to prosper in your soul! So work on what God desires for you in your life as stated in Paul's prayer. A friend of mine called me up this New Year's day and said, "I have decided to read the Bible through this year, putting aside 20 minutes a day!"

Pray and practise with me: Dear Lord, help me to work on prospering my soul for I know You will prosper me in all things and in health. Amen.

No comments: