Friday, June 15, 2007

His People Will Worship God

HIS PEOPLE WILL WORSHIP GOD AND WILL SEE HIM FACE TO FACE. Revelation 22.3.

We, even the Christians, have only a wishy-washy idea about what heaven is like and what we are going to do there all through eternity. Some think that we will be singing praises to God and worshipping Him all the time and doing nothing else. Even if it is going to be all worship, it would be ‘worth-ship-ping’ because ‘Great is the Lord, and greatly to be worshipped and His greatness is unsearchable”, as the psalmist said. My daughter when she was young thought it would be 'boring!' At my age now I feel it would be 'the most enjoyable thing' to do!

But there is much more that you will be occupied with in heaven. To most of us who have loved the Lord Jesus without even seeing Him, it is going to be the most glorious time. We will see our Lord face to face! I often pray, “Lord let me see you just once, while I am here on earth”. It is one of my greatest desires. When I hear testimonies of saints like Sadhu Sunder Singh who had seen visions of Christ in His glory and brightness, I am thrilled at the prospect of seeing Him. What a great consolation it is to ordinary Christians like me that even if we miss seeing the Lord in this life, we will see Him face to face in heaven!

Enoch walked with God three hundred years, then he was no more because God took him. There was not 'enough' of God for Enoch and there wasn’t 'enough' of Enoch for God, though they walked together for three hundred years on earth! They wanted to be together forever! Only if you are walking with God by faith everyday here in this life, would you desire to see Him face to face one day and live with Him forever and never lose sight of Him! Heaven will be the place for you.

The Bible says in heaven such devout followers of the Lord will not only see Him but also "rule with him forever!” Hey! Isn’t that a great prospect to be kings and priest to God and to reign with Him! And that too, for people like us who have probably never been near a king and know nothing about ruling with Him and for Him. It is not quite clear whom we shall rule over. But when you read what the apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians believers, it will boggle your mind. “Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? …Do you not know that we are to judge angels--to say nothing of ordinary matters?” (1 Cor 6.2,3). No one will dare ask us under whose authority we judge and rule because, “God's name will be written on our foreheads”. The prospect of heaven is so great that you and I shouldn’t feel sorry for having to leave this earth!

Pray and practise with me: Dear Lord, open my eyes to see and my heart to perceive what You have prepared for me so that while still on earth I will set my affection on things in heaven, where You are. Amen.

No comments: