Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Will Give You Back

I WILL GIVE YOU BACK WHAT YOU LOST IN THE YEARS WHEN SWARMS OF LOCUSTS ATE YOUR CROPS. IT WAS I WHO SENT THIS ARMY AGAINST YOU. Joel 2.25.

God is able to make good what we have lost or suffered. You may not have thought about it but God is behind everything that happens to you. Today’s Bible reading reminds you of it very clearly. In the thick of all your ‘doings and busy schedules', it is quite possible that you may have slipped back spiritually or even gotten away from God without noticing it!

Surprisingly, God has all the time in the world for you, in spite of governing the universe, and He has taken stock of your life. He has found out what you should have discovered in the first place. There have been serious lapses in your life. God has ‘weighed' you and I in His balance and found us wanting!’ (Dan 5.27) There is much more that God expects from you. He has given you the potential for it. When you do not respond to God in your blessings, He will turn against you and bring loss and suffering.

Sadly the only way God can draw your attention to Him is by touching your life and situations. Whatever you are going through now is His doing. He may be forcing you to turn to Him and trust Him. If you will take the time and ask Him to search you, He will. You haven’t made the advances you should have made in your walk with God, relationship with Him, and likeness to Him. You could be giving God much more time in building your relationship with Him in prayer and Bible reading. You could be giving more to God from what He had graciously bestowed on you. Your love and relationship with fellow Christians and others could be much better. You could spend a bit more time for the service of God and man than spending it all on your business and seeking your own things.

Dear believer, listen carefully to what our God has to tell you, “I will give you back what you lost in the years when swarms of locusts ate your crops”. However, there is a process. "But even now," says the LORD, "repent sincerely and return to me with fasting and weeping and mourning. Let your broken heart show your sorrow;.. Come back to the LORD your God” (vs 12-13).

Pray and practise with me: Dear Lord, You see me altogether and nothing is hid from You. It is You who is behind every situation in my life. Forgive me for not being committed to You or even turning away from You. I turn back to You. Give me back that which I have lost! Amen.

No comments: