Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Be Like A Daniel

THREE TIMES A DAY DANIEL GOT DOWN ON HIS KNEES AND PRAYED, GIVING THANKS TO HIS GOD, JUST AS HE HAD DONE BEFORE. Daniel 6.10.

When you and I are faced with a crisis, we run to God in prayer and even tears. That is nothing great, for even the pagans pray to their gods when calamity comes! What was unique about Daniel was that he was a devout believer in His God. Whether rain or shine, he practiced his religion. He prayed to His God everyday. He prayed to His God even three times a day! He had intimacy with His God and confidence in Him.

How is your relationship with your God? To many, religion is believing in some god and going to some place of worship, keeping observances and traditions. To a Christian, religion must be a ‘relationship with his God and the Lord Jesus Christ’. To be of any benefit, it must be real and constant. Only in the measure in which you develop that relationship, God responds. You cannot develop any kind of intimate relationship with a person unless you are willing to spend time with that person! It is more so with your God.

For most Christians, there is a serious negligence of keeping in touch with their God and developing a constant relationship with Him. Consider your devotional habits and you will soon realise how shallow your relationship with your God is! I do spend a lot of time meditating on the Word of God because I have this ministry of writing devotionals to you. I thank God for the privilege. It keeps me in touch with God. We also have our morning and evening family prayer. However, I am trying to discipline my personal communion with God and seeking His face, like Daniel!

This incident in Daniel’s life never ceases to challenge me whenever I read it. It excites my passion to seek God! Seek You my God, I will! O! Lord! Let me be like Daniel on his knees three times a day, is still my prayer. Then, problems or trials great and small will be of no serious consequence, for my God will take care of them.

Dear believer, won’t you join me! Let us pledge ourselves to bend our knees and heads three times a day to God, however busy we are!

Pray and practise with me: Dear Lord! You know I love You and want to be with You always! I want to follow the steps of faithful Daniel and develop the holy habit of seeking Your face many times a day! Amen.

No comments: