Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Born Through His Word

YOU HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN NOT OF PERISHABLE SEED, BUT OF IMPERISHABLE, THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING WORD OF GOD. 1 Peter 1.23.

There are many best-seller books in the world. Some are good but not all. But the Bible is the top best-seller every year and of all the years added up together. That is not the only difference between the Holy Bible and all the other publications. The apostle Peter brings out the most important differences of all! It is ‘imperishable! Living! And Enduring!

Most importantly, “you have been born again through the Word”. There is no other book in all the world that can change a person ‘inside out’ and ‘transform him from a common sinner to a virtual saint!’

I have read the Dale Carnegie books like “How to win friends and influence people” and Norman Vincent Peale’s book on ‘Positive thinking’. I owe much of my own personal development to the Dale Carnegie course. These and other books have changed me to much extent. But they could not save my soul eternally. They could change me but not ‘transform me!’ I could not be ‘born again into the kingdom of God’ through these good and motivational books. They all stop short of changing our heart and making us whole and holy like God!

Jesus declared to a respected Jewish leader and teacher, Nicodemus, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.” Nicodemus asked, "How can a man be born when he is old? Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit” (Jn 3.3-5). Water speaks of the Word of God!

The second most important truth the apostle Peter teaches us about the Word of God is that it is “not perishable seed, but of imperishable, the living and enduring Word of God”.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, testified the same of the Word. Then He cautioned all, “Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Mt 5.17-19).

Pray and practise with me: Dear Lord, I thank You for saving my soul and transforming me through Your eternal Word. Help me to daily read it and practice its commands and encourage others to do so. Amen.

No comments: