Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dealing With Sin

WHOEVER BELIEVES IN CHRIST IS A NEW CREATION. THE OLD WAY OF LIVING HAS DISAPPEARED. A NEW WAY OF LIVING HAS COME INTO EXISTENCE. 2 Corinthians 5.17.

I have been praying to God desperately for some youngsters I know so well for many years. They were born in Christian families and received the Lord into their lives as kids. But they joined bad company at school and fell into the trap of drugs and crime. Rehabilitation programmes and even prison terms have done no good!

Like many others, I too have counselled them on many occasions. I told them that the problem with them is that they have stopped trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ and have taken control of their own lives. They are doing the things that please and satisfy them, even though these have ruined their lives and dashed the hopes of their families.

The more you talk to them, the more you are convinced that their root problem is their mis-placed self-confidence! These youngsters are under Satan’s delusion. They talk ‘big’ and give one the feeling that they are 'on top of the world and there is nothing they cannot do!' They keep assuring you that they can do anything by themselves, including kicking their addiction!

But, the truth is that they are only fooling themselves and think that they fooling others too! One day, the Holy Sprit urged me to tell two of these guys, ‘your best bet is to give your lives over to JESUS. Only He can make one who believes in Him a new creation. The old way of living will disappear’. But they refused. The outcome – both were caught by the police and were imprisoned, one for 2 years and the other for a month with a hefty fine! They still do not recognise the need for the Lord to renew them and go to Him. What a tragedy!

Against these sad tales, I can tell you of a number of people I personally know who were addicted to drugs but kicked the habit as they turned their lives to JESUS! Some of them are now pastors taking care of ‘addiction centres’ and even churches. The world over, there are millions of people who have turned their lives to JESUS CHRIST and have become new creations and have seen their old sinful lives disappear!

Dear Friend, if you are under slavery to any sin or addiction to habits that destroy your life, give them to JESUS today! If you are genuine in your commitment, a miraculous transformation will happen in your life which even you will find difficult to believe! It is the work of the Holy Spirit of God.

Pray and practise with me: Dear Lord, I am sick and tired of trying to straighten my life by myself. I commit my life to You. Make my life new and all my sin and bad habits disappear. Amen.

No comments: