Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Will Never Abandon You

GOD HAS SAID I WILL NEVER ABANDON YOU OR LEAVE YOU Heb 13. 5 .

Many years ago a dear aunt of ours was admitted to the hospital with cancer. Before that I had been meditating on the above promise of God for sometime! So when I laid my hands on her and prayed along with my wife, I claimed this wonderful promise of God for her.

She had been a believer in the Lord from her childhood. She had tasted the goodness of the Lord many times and in manifold ways. She had experienced the promises of God in life’s many difficult situations. There had been many a time when the good Lord had delivered her from all her fears and troubles. Not surprisingly, there were many other times when the same Lord instead of delivering her, helped her to experience His presence and carried her through tough times! Were as confident as she was that at that most difficult time towards the end of life’s long journey, the same Lord God will not leave her or forsake her! He didn't! He took her!

I have lived more than three score and ten years and am nearing eighty! My family and I have experienced “the abiding presence of the Lord and His miraculous power” in times of distress and diseases which were without number. We could boldly say to any of you going through sickness, financial trouble, any kind of tribulation or distress that our God is faithful. We can testify with millions, nay billions of believers, who have trusted in God through the ages, and with the apostle Paul, “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ.” (2 Cor 1.20).

Dear friend, just believe it for it is written in the Word of God:. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever" (Heb 13.8.) "The righteous will live by faith” (Rom 1.17)

Pray and practise with me: Dear Lord, I thank You for Your promise: "I will never abandon you or leave you." Help me to confidently say, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid” – no matter what! Amen.

No comments: