Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Clay In Potter's Hand

CAN I NOT DO WITH YOU AS THIS POTTER DOES?” DECLARES THE LORD. "LIKE CLAY IN THE HAND OF THE POTTER, SO ARE YOU IN MY HAND ... Jeremiah 18.6.

I have dreams and plans for my life. But the trouble is that even though God loves me so much and I love Him too, I feel that God has not helped fulfilled all of them! Do you feel the same way? Most people do! Sometimes, things work out fine and I will be excited and praise God. At times, things work against me and I feel miserable and depressed. I know God is for me but it seems as though He is against me!

What has gone wrong? For one thing, I do not quite understand and believe what God said about ‘my plans’ and ‘His plans’ for me. He said, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts,” declares the LORD (Isa 55.8,9).

It is good to have plans for our lives. But it is better to believe that God has far better and higher plans for us! If it is so, you must be prepared to accept whatever God has planned for your life. Sometimes, you may have to go through hard, difficult and painful situations in order that God may accomplish His plans in you!

God says, He is the potter and we are the clay. He has the ownership and also the ability to make something beautiful out of your life, more exquisite than all your dreams and expectations! “Didn’t I tell you that if only you believe, you will see the glory of God,” Jesus told Martha. She was standing at the tomb of her dead brother Lazarus, totally distressed and disappointed. Jesus didn’t heal him and save his life as she and her sister Mary had plainly expected. Didn’t He love them? But Jesus had to let that terrible death happen so that not only Lazarus, but even Martha and Mary could experience a miracle in their lives!

Dear friend, you may not see the plan of God for you and the hand of God on your life at this moment! With all the problems that you are facing, it may not look like He is doing much to help you? But God is doing just the right thing with you. Remember, you are only the clay in his hand. He has all the right to do whatever He wishes in your life. You may complain and cry. That kneading, rolling, squeezing, carving and oven-baking are awful to endure! There is nothing that you can do!

But one thing God assures you, “I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jer 29.11). Dear discouraged and disappointed believer, JUST BELIEVE GOD AND STICK ON THERE WHERE YOU ARE! Like as a Potter, let Him do what He wants. Wait to see the glory of the end-product. It will be beautiful beyond your wildest dreams! God knows what He is doing. Accept that difficult, even impossible situation. Don’t sulk! Don’t give up! Wait defiantly, until God comes and transforms everything! He will, for He is the Divine Potter! Praise Him for it while you wait! Sing if you can!

Pray with me: Dear Lord, You said, You are the Potter and I am only the clay. I can only wait while You are making and remaking me through my very circumstances. Amen.

No comments: